One of my favorite essential oil recipes is Foaming Face Wash! I’ve been using this recipe for roughly 1 1/2 years and I LOVE how my face feels after I wash my face. It takes just a couple of minutes to make the recipe and it lasts for quite a while and it is cost effective (just $1.52 for a 4 oz. batch; I’ll give the breakdown below).
Foaming Face Wash (From “The Chemical Free Home” book by Melissa Poepping)
- 2 Tbsp Castile Soap (I use Dr. Bronners Unscented Baby Mild)
- 10 drops Orange essential oil
- 1 drop Frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop Carrot seed essential oil
- Distilled water
Combine all the ingredients in a foaming soap dispenser. Once you’ve replaced the top simply swirl the bottle to combine everything and you are ready to wash your face!! It’s really that easy!!
I also mentioned that it is cost effective. My calculations show that it is just $1.52 for a 4 oz. batch.
- Distilled water: $1/gallon or $.03/4 oz. = $0.03
- Castile soap: $13/32 oz. or $0.20/Tbsp = $0.40
- Orange essential oil: $10.75/15ml or $.05/drop = $0.50
- Frankincense essential oil: $73.50/15ml or $.31 = $0.31
- Carrot seed essential: $21.75/5ml or $.28/drop = $0.28
* We ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils!! Young Living Essential Oils the ONLY essential oil company who can give you a Seed to Seal Guarantee (click here for more info on that) so I KNOW that the oils I am using for my family are pure and unadulterated!! If you would like to get your own Young Living Essential Oils, click here for more info on how you can do that.